Monday, October 18, 2010

Sick....

I was so looking forward to the weekend!  Friday night was one of the biggest games of the season for Crystal Lake South Gators and they sealed the Conference Championship with an exciting win!  After the game was spent sipping wine, eating cheese and lots of laughs and conversations with friends around a warm fire pit.   Much discussion was the excitement of the upcoming Hot Chocolate Run that many of us are doing in a few weeks. 

It was a late night....home well past 1:00 AM....I went to bed a bit chilled from being in the night air for so long....

Sometime in the middle of the night I developed a HIGH fever....Once the fever broke, the sheets were so wet that Scott wondered if the dog or I had wet the bed!  NOPE, I was drenched in sweat from head to toe and exhausted.


So Saturday instead of seeing my mom and sister and working on the redecoration of my new office space I spent it sipping tea and snuggled up in bed.

Saturday's are usually my long run day (4.5 - 6.5 miles) and with the race a few weeks away, I felt the need and pressure to go run...


Ya...about that.... about 1/2 mile into it I couldn't breath, had NO energy and felt like passing out.  I collapsed in the grass and Bailey came running over to me... I was ok, but needless to say I went home and went back to bed....


On Sunday I felt a bit better and didn't run, but DID do interval training, some Rubber Band and Ball work and went to bed....Not a great way to spend the precious weekend....Now off to distant places, meetings and work....Hope YOUR weekend was better....

No comments:

Post a Comment