Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Ready, I'm Ready...

"I'm Ready?, I'm Ready!!"
Two words that I know are true, but still doubt.  I think we all have doubts about things in our life we should KNOW to be true.  We KNOW something to be true, yet we choose to believe the negative self talk. 
                                                                        "I'm not good enough"
                 "I'm not smart enough"
                 "I'm too fat"
                 "I'm a loser"
                 "I'm not pretty"
                 "I'm too slow"
                 "I can't do that"
                 "I'm not talented enough"
                 "So and So is better, prettier, smarter,
         more successful, more talented, more liked..."

The list can go on and on.
                          
A coaching friend said to me the other day, "You're Ready for this, just have fun!".  I KNOW intellectually that I am ready for this 5K.  I mean, I have run this distance many many times and even did it already in my first 5K! I am lacking the self-confidence part. I am missing the FUN part.

Last night, right before my final run before the race I had a lot of negative thoughts going on in my head.  As I started out, I had to change my frame of mind....Instead of the "ANTS" (Automatic Negative Thoughts) I had to think things like, "I CAN do this, I AM ready, I just want to have fun!"

I ran hard, I ran for fun, I ran because I wanted to, I ran... I had fun!!!!  AND when I got to the end!  I had a PR (Personal Record) for the mile! 

I AM ready, I AM excited! 



I am thankful to have my girls and my husband running with me.


I am so thankful for Molly, the reason we are all doing this to begin with!  She wanted to do this last year but was too late in signing up.  We kept an eye on it and look what HER motivation, HER incentive, HER initiative has turned into!  Not just me taking up running, but now her entire family heading downtown to run in this fun day.

Tomorrow Scott and I head out early to go downtown, pick up all the packets at Union Station and spend the day together shopping, holding hands, walking around my favorite city!  The girls will take the train in after school and we'll pick them up, go out for pasta dinner and head to the hotel for a good night's sleep before heading out to Grant Park at 6:15 AM!  We will be joined by my cousin, Deb and two of her kids, Ashley and Evan and also family friends, John and Brad Wisser.  An old youth from Covenant Church days and Summer Camp, Rebecca Dennis will also be there!  After the race we all get to indulge in CHOCOLATE!!! (it is the Hot Chocolate Run). 




After we get our fill of Chocolate fondue, Chocolate bars, Hot Chocolate we will head home to get the girls to the second round of their high school football playoffs, where they will perform in the half time show!




We will meet up with the 5K friends and family in a reserved room at Lou Malnati's all dressed up in our 5K gear to celebrate our run and eat the best pizza in the world! 


 
We'll end this fantastic weekend with Crystal Lake South's Varsity Pom/Dance Team's first competition of the season on Sunday!!  I love watching my girls perform.  I so enjoy watching Mackenzie dance.  It is her love.  And she is just beautiful as she does one of the things God created her to do! 



GOOD LUCK FAMILY/FRIENDS IN THE 5k
                   GOOD LUCK CLS GATORS!
                   GOOD LUCK CLS POMMIES!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a SUPER PACKED fun weekend... you won't have time for negative thoughts ;)

    I, and I'm sure many others, are very proud of you!

    Go Freemires! Way to go on the healthy kick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SO fun! No more ANTs. :) No room for those in such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete