Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to the Track!

This has been a busy morning for me.  I woke up at 5:00 AM to start the day.  The girls were meeting me outside for our annual first day of school pictures (those are coming next along with a Bailey update) at 6:15ish.  We were all leaving in different cars for the start of the day.  Bailey to go to McHenry Community College with two friends for her Nursing Dual Credit class (she will get high school AND college credit for this class), Mackenzie to take our 2nd car and go pick up a friend and Molly to head in early to start her first day of high school.  I had Physical Therapy at 7:00 am and a Dr. appointment at 8:00.  

Physical Therapist said I was good to go and he was recommending that I be done with PT! AHHH the moment I had been waiting for!  Now to get the OK from the Orthopedic Dr.  After a thorough exam he said that I was prone for this happening again since I have a very tight Achilles tendon.  He gave me regular stretches and exercises to do and then gave me the ok to resume my training!  YAY!! 

He then cautioned me.  He said since I was prone to this injury due to my Achilles, that it is possible that surgery is in my future...  I told him I would worry about then IF the time ever came.  Until then I plan on doing my stretches, doing my training, continuing my weight loss and riding my bike on alternate days of running.  11 Week Goal now:  20- 25 pounds more in loss, 5K and a healthier me!  Those of you who said you would run it with me....get ready!  I am signing up this week!  It is the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago.  November 6th, 2010  http://www.hotchocolate15k.com/ 

Bonus!  You get a ZIPPY HOODIE!  and there is chocolate fondue, bars and other goodies a the end of the race!...nom nom...

On your Marks!!  Get Set!!!....

1 comment: