Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Changes

Life around here is not the same.  Some changes are little, like going back to school...Some are more drastic, like the change in the face of my beautiful girl.  It's one thing to say you have faith, it's another to live it out. I believe God has a plan in all this.  I believe He wants good things for Bailey.  I believe He is doing something in her that will be accomplished through this time.  But what I am surprised at is what He is doing in me at the same time.  That is a post for another time.  I think I need to process it all more before I share it.


So...changes. When I first saw Bailey in the ICU after surgery, the first thing she said on the white board was, "all my teeth touch!"  That was followed by "I can breath through my nose!"  Two things she couldn't do before.  To give you an idea of the change compare the next pictures.


 These before and after are taken approximately 2 weeks apart.  Bailey still has some swelling in her cheeks and lips.  What is amazing to everyone - including the Surgeon is that she had VERY minimal bruising! 



 












The most dramatic change is in the profile.  Keep in mind her upper jaw was moved forward and tipped.  Her lower jaw was shortened and moved backward and tipped.  The roof of her mouth, or palate was widened 10 mm. 

I'll post more pictures of the inside of what we can see of her mouth later tonight.  But I will warn you, it is NOT for the faint of heart.  Until then, its off to work.  I pray for her each and every day as she is on this difficult journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment