Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary



 Since I was a young girl I dreamed of finding my Prince Charming and having a Christmas wedding. 

I dreamed of a wedding with Christmas Carols being sung, with Christmas Trees decorating the Church, an evening wedding with lots of candles.

19 years ago, my dream came true....
Scott gave me the wedding of my dreams!  He knows I love snow, I love winter, I love Christmas...


He knows I love him.  I know he loves me!  We have weathered some difficult times (in plenty and want, sickness and health) and still its his arms I fall into when I am scared, sad, weak, vunerable, happy and excited (in joy and sorrow).  It's his voice I love to hear.  It's him who has captured my heart.





We celebrated with friends and family.  There were about 600 people at the wedding.  Since I was a youth director who had served two chuches, both those church families and the youth groups were present.  
We even had my current youth group sing at our wedding!










            

I take thee, Scott, to be my wedded husband.
And I do promise and covenant; Before God and these witnesses;
to be they loving and faithful wife;
In plenty and in want;
In joy and in sorrow;
In sickness and in health;
As long as we both shall life.







Next year...our 20th.  Scott and I will also turn 50. 
Yes, we were older when we got married.  But we were wiser, more patient, more settled and more sure of what we wanted.
He was so worth the wait!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BABY!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Deedee, it was fun reading about your wedding....such a pretty time of year! From one snow lover to another...Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a wild ride. I never could have imagined the path we have taken. I would make the same decision today, I think God ordained it.
    I love you,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete