Monday, December 6, 2010

Only God...

I can't come up with this kind of stuff! 

I am in ministry with a past camper and youth from my ministry days.  She is now a grown woman, wonderful wife an incredible mother.  We are embarking on a new exciting twist in our ministry.... we are making it our own by going the Non-for-profit route.  That means we are getting a Board of Directors, lawyers, funding and looking to grow not only the camp ministry, but the youth ministry we are involved in....



This week I am attending the CCCA National Conference at Ridgecrest Conference Center for training in these areas.  I am in lovely Asheville, NC.


While here, I made arrangements to meet up with several old friends.  One of them, Jeff, drove down to see me on Sunday.  We spent some time over lunch talking about how we became Christians. 


This is the cool part!
 
Jeff became a Christian Youth Summer Camp - the one that Heather and I are now directing!!  I was excited to hear his story and he thought it equally exciting that the camp ministry is still providing a place for teens to hear the Gospel and grow as believers.  The camp has a long history of being a place where teens can come together and develop friendships that last a life time. 




  
!


Here we were 35 years later, still connected by the passion and vision for reaching teens that John H. Eastwood of Covenant Church had.  I am thankful for faithful men like Pastor Eastwood, who reflected the love of Christ and served his Savior! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment