Friday, July 16, 2010

"A" Choices vs "B" Choices

I find my self every day faced with so many choices.  Some are easy, some not so easy.  I am often torn by my desire to do what I want to do and do what is best for me to do.  When I choose what I "want" to do -even when it isn't what is best to do- I find myself in a place I never wanted to be...that is a "B" choice. 

When I chose what is best according to what I am taught in God's Word,  "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8  then I find myself at peace..."A" choice.


So, yesterday after Physical Therapy and after reading an awesome article sent to me by one of my long distance friends and runners, Linda, I was ready to make a healthy choice. I got some shorts and tank top on, grabbed my iPod, and headed out on Mackenzie's bike.  I had intentions of only going a few miles...but something took over.  It was a desire to use this disappointing time away from running and use to to continue to move forward in my health and fitness.  I also am using this as time to cross train and continue to keep my goal of 30 pounds and 3 months before a 5K. With music in my ears and the wind in my face I headed out knowing I was making an "A" choice and not a "B" choice.  If I had chosen to stay at home, sulk, give up, then I would have ended up in a place I never wanted to be...still over weight and not ready for a 5K in October.  The "A" choice is an opportunity to trust God and what He has in store for me.  It is also an opportunity to press toward my goal - even if it doesn't look like what I thought it would look like.  Today I'll ride twice the ride I did yesterday....oh and I'll do my Physical Therapy three times, too....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deedee, I've enjoyed reading your new blog! I'm sorry about your setback with running but it sounds like you are doing ok with it. I thought Id comment a bit on this blog because it reminded me of some reading I did yesterday about God's plan in our lives. Here's what Joni Eareckson Tada had to say...
    "God cares most, not about making my life happy, healthy, and free of trouble, but about teaching me to hate my transgressions, and to keep growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus".
    You can smile Deedee knowing that God is accomplishing what he loves in your life...He is definatley in you, this is no plan "B" but his good and loving plan "A". Keep up the good work my friend !

    ReplyDelete