Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Makin Memories

 A Day in Chicago !


I love making memories with friends and family. Sometimes its over something planned and sometimes unexpected..(.like Cheri and I falling in the river on the canoe trip in my first post of which I still am laughing). A simple trip to Chicago was a great time to spend with Grampa Freemire and Rose. It was a great day for walking around, laughing, holding hands and makin memories.



We headed out on the Metra into the city to see some sites and spend time together.

We walked from the train station to Buckingham Fountain and from there to Millennium Park, where we did the traditional photo shoot by the Bean!





The Bean is a very touristy spot where people are fascinated by taking pictures of themselves in the reflection of the Bean.  You will meet people from all over the world around this sculpture.  On this particular day Scott was asked to take a picture from 2 adorable Chinese girls and I was asked by some people from Norway to take their picture.  My girls, they, too are from a different land...the land of teens - loving their reflection and each other!
Designed by Spanish sculptor Jaume Plensa, the Crown Fountain features two 50-foot high glass block towers at each end of a shallow reflecting pool. The towers are activated with changing video images and lights, and water cascades from the top of each.

 
 During the warmer months kids and adults alike love to splash around in the water and cool off. We were no exception. All the girls had a blast cooling off and people watching!

Chicago offers so many different types of foods. Although it is most known for Hot Dogs, Italian Beef and Deep Dish Pizza, the city has a wide variety of ethnic foods to choose from.  We chose to head out to Greektown!  You just can't do Greek without doing some Saganaki (Flaming Cheese!  Oopah!)

So at the end of the wonderful day with Dad, Rose, my girls, and first and ONLY husband, Scott, we were able to make memories, have fun, great food and spend time building bonds of family that can never be broken.  For Scott and I, every time we head into Chicago, it reminds us of our dating days, falling in love and reminiscing of the spark and thrill of fall love.  You always have a choice...God leading me to Scott made a difference that changed my life forever.  One day I will share the choices and differences of what God did in my life in how I met Scott!   

1 comment:

  1. My kind of town, Chicago is.
    Keep the posts comin' girl! Love it.

    ReplyDelete