Monday, January 24, 2011

Packed and Packers

What a packed weekend!  I left early Friday morning for the Youth Winter Retreat that I direct for churches from Northern/Central Ill, Chicago Metro area, Indiana and Iowa!  Teens were scheduled to arrive at around 6 and the rest of the weekend was sure to fly by.  Informative Sessions with our speaker, a great band, The Least of These and fun with Bob was all in the schedule as well as time for Broom Ball, Tubing, Wall Climbing, games, and all kinds of shenanigans with reunited friends and new friends were in the schedule!



The camp we use sure looks different in the winter...it was the coldest weekend of the winter so far with temps around -7 and wind chills near -30.  That wouldn't stop the fun!
    
Games played around a table....

Great time spent in singing and worship!

 
 Eat the napkin race!!!

 
 

Fun and games....
More games...more fun...lots of memories!



Memories with friends.....



time with my girls
 




In 7 months these same chairs will be occupied with students in shorts, swim suit and tank tops....but the smiles, the fun, and the same great fellowship and learning will be there!  Summer's Best Week!!! 


So after a fast and furious weekend with 110 students I headed home to watch the Bears/Packers Game.  Although it was not the outcome I had hoped and even prayed for, it was a good enough game. The game, for the Conference Championship was like a Superbowl for those who are Bears or Packers fans.  We will never play in the Superbowl - so this is it.  We have the longest running rivalry and it is heated!  In the end the Packers won.  We went through 3 Quarterbacks.  Our third string QB, Hanie, did outstanding.  Just too little too late.  At the end of the day I am still a Bears Fan, I still enjoyed the season, I still love watching football...but, my hope is not in the Bears...My hope is a firm foundation....  My ONLY hope rests in Christ. 

Go Blackhawks and Go Bulls and Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment