Thursday, January 6, 2011

Takin it Inside

When its Too Cold?


I've been asked by many of my friends how I ride my bike in the cold dead of winter....

this is how...  It's a bike trainer...its designed to hook your bike up to in order to ride in INDOORS throughout the winter!

There are adjustments to make the tension harder or easier in addition to the gear shifts from the bike that you still can use.

This is what I asked for and got from Scott for my birthday!  I love it!  It has allowed me to keep up with my cross training when it is way to cold, wet, snowy to ride outside.... the drawback??


I have no wind in my face, no cool scenery to look at, no visual interest to keep my mind occupied while I do my miles...I have tried watching TV but it just isn't the same as when I ride around the lake, through the bike trails and into the forest preserves....But, it is serving its purpose!






For you guys, who want to know the mechanics of it and how it's hooked up...here's a little look


No comments:

Post a Comment