Friday, September 17, 2010

Could YOU do this for 8 -10 weeks?

Could you eat from a syringe and rubber tube and all liquids for 8 weeks? 



Bailey eats EVERYTHING using these devices.  The Magic Bullet liquefies the food, the strainers keeps seeds, chunks, etc out of the meal & the syringe & rubber tube gets it into her body.  Notice that she can fill the syringe only to 2 ounces...after 4 ounces she is usually full!





I can attest to the fact that she has not complained, moaned, griped, or cried about not being able to eat what we are eating...not even when we get Lou Malnati's or Curry (two of her favorites).  She will smell it, smile and say, "I can't wait to eat that in a few weeks!"  Could YOU do that?  What foods would YOU miss, crave, want?


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little face, Bailey continues to look beautiful everyday. She is a brave one...not sure I could do it. But then again you really never know what you're capable of until you are faced with it. Hope the rest of her time goes quickly so she can get back to "real eating" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one kid who could (and did) -- but no, I wouldn't *want to eat through a tube -- but then again -- I suppose it would matter how hungry I was ;)

    She's certainly a trooper... not to mention learning a ton about patience and being steadfast.

    ReplyDelete